Thursday, June 21, 2007

A few recent layouts and new techniques.

Working on some fun layouts right now. Trying new things, new techniques, and letting go of "rules", and am loving the results.

I usually don't do one-page layouts, but I let go of this "rule". {see below}



Used some light colored rub-ons, then accentuated the letters by using my black marker and doodled around the letters.


Found these cute fabric letter tags. Love the colors, and they are so versatile.
I have found myself really liking making little groupings of embellishments. I find that using odd numbers in these "mini collages" adds more visual interest.


And a silly layout...

Loving these stamps that I am borrowing from my neighbor:
I'm also breaking my rule about "empty" space-I'm using it more often.

Used many different things on this layout, to emphasize the playfulness theme. Used tags that went off the paper, monogram stickers, rub-ons, word stickers, date stamp, and my own handwriting.
A solution when you don't have a letter you need? Make your own! This was the dilemma I had with the "quirky" word, so I made my own letter "I". Does it look perfect? No! Does it work, especially with the playful message I have for this layout? Absolutely!


Get creative-break rules, including your own that you may or may not realize you have. Serious or playful layouts-all will benefit from your creativity "gettting out of the box". Go, CREATE! Send me your "breaking the rules" layouts-I'd love to see them!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your pages are very pretty :)

Erin Saeger said...

Thank you so much for looking at them, Felicia.