Friday, November 30, 2007

Step by step instructions for the mini book

I've had a couple people ask me how I made the October book, so here's what I did:

1. I bought a pack of index cards from an office supply store that was already numbered with the orange number tabs.

2. I used a crop-a-dile to punch 2 holes in each index card and the extra pages I made out of the patterned paper and cardstock. I then used the crop-a-dile to put eyelets in the holes to reinforce them (this is what made the book so thick).

3. I covered each index card with the patterned paper/cardstock as well.

4. I then went through and put in photos for each day, then put small jounaling spots and embellishments throughout.

5. Since the book became bigger than I had binder rings for, I used twine to attach each 10 pages, then connected each section together with another piece of twine for reinforcement.

6. On the front and back covers, I used a matte mod podge, and on the "07" on the front, I used a mod podge with sparkle and a gloss finish. I think that's it!

If you have any more questions, just email me- Thanks for checking my book out!

No comments: