Monday, April 2, 2007

Adding Dimension

Looking for a simple way to add dimension? Use some 3-dimensional, clear gloss medium. It's one of those products I've known about for a while, but was intimidated to use- probably because I was unfamiliar with it and had never used anything like it before. But recently I bought some for the first time (it's super inexpensive which is another plus) and I used it on a layout.

I loved the results!

The kind of dimensional medium I use is called Glossy accents by Inkssentials, and it's acid free and non-toxic. After applying, it dries to a hard, clear, glossy finish.


The scrapbook page I used this on was a layout consisting of monthly pictures of Collin showing his amazing growth over his first year.

Under each monthly picture, I used a ledger stamp on white paper and dated each picture with his age. Then I colored with different colored markers and let that dry for a bit. I then used the dimensional medium using it's super fine tip which allowed for precise application in this small area. I let that dry for a few hours, then decided to add another coat. You can add as many coats as you desire. I love how this simple technique makes these labels "pop".... without a lot of cost, time, or effort.


This products has so many possible uses! I'm thinking of using this 3-D medium on some lettering on my next layout I create.

Have a great Monday!

No comments: