Tuesday, April 10, 2007

pinwheel fun....



I love capturing pictures and stories that tell about the everyday life of us.....our family, our kids, moments, etc.


*****

Jack has always enjoyed pinwheels, so I'm so glad I took pictures of him just playing in the backyard with them one beautiful afternoon. I'm a big advocate for journaling, and on most pages I do tell the story with written words. But I also love changing things up-and sometimes pictures do tell the whole story by themselves.

1st page:

2nd page:

I LOVE the pinwheel paper by daisy d's that I found at my local scrapbook hangout. Can you say PERFECT for these pinwheel pictures?
Since I didn't use any journaling on this particular layout, I wanted a bigger title. I stamped the title on cardstock, then cut out the entire title in one piece.


I used coordinating polka dotted paper with the pinwheel paper for accent purposes and to "ground" the pictures.


*****

Adding dimension, I made my own pinwheels with leftover polka dot paper, brads and a popsicle stick that I had from a rub-on pack.

This whole layout took less than an hour to put together....and I love capturing my 3 1/2 year old in his "wonderment" with pinwheels.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this layout !