Friday, April 27, 2007

Monochromatic Layouts

Something that I find doing often is doing layouts featuring one main color. It's easy to put together, and doesn't complicate things. This also simplifies things when you have many pictures and want to tie them together and have something to bring them all together.

Most recently I did an orange page. Used an eclectic assortment of embellishments and tied them all together by their color in this layout. I used a stamp from one of my favorite collections right now, Catslife, and stamped on a coordinating orange patterned paper.

Click on the picture to enlarge:

For the title, I had a 12x12 page of orange/rusty color letters. I cut them up and tah-dah....the title was not only perfect in color, but quick and easy!

I used other stamps with orange ink as well as black ink on orange paper, and of course the orange buttons in a heart shape to "gather" all the pictures and smaller sized embellishments.

I've submitted a few layouts to a scrapbooking magazine, hoping to someday get published... even if it's only one time!

1 comment:

deb said...

love the button heart! too cute. great blog. just found you!