Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Scary Stuff

Just wanted to write about our past weekend. Took Collin to the emergency room late Friday night after his 5th episode of losing consciousness briefly over the last 2 weeks. He was transferred to Children's Hospital here in Austin, where after a series of tests, determined 2 things... first, he is swallowing solid foods whole without chewing, which he is choking on. Second, he has large tonsils, which may be obstructing his airway when he cries really hard. We were happy to get back home Monday night.

I am again reminded and deeply moved by the support we have received once again from our family, friends, and neighbors. Special thanks to Cindie, Danielle and Chris, Megan, and Denise and Darrell.
In Tom's word's to our closest friends in an email he sent to update everyone...

"Erin and I have been humbled to tears from everyone's outpouring of love and support. We both, at this point, are coming to grips and healing from the growing presence of God on our lives. I am, at the same time, both encouraged and fearful to be in God's grace; it is truly amazing how He set things into action prior to us asking."

I literally cannot express with words how grateful and thankful I am for our circle of support. It is amazing how God has put all the pieces together for us before these scary events, during them, and even now. It is by His strength and grace that helped me get through Collin's hospitalization, and everyday prior. And it is now that I continue to rely on Him to get me through every time Collin coughs, every time I just want to give up, and through every day.

He has answered another one of my prayers.... that we figure out what is causing these scary episodes without a chronic diagnosis.

No comments: